*Properly worn masks required if not vaccinated. Thanks for understanding.
tinker & co.
PUBLIC NOTICE: DECEMBER 9, 2022
To our loyal customers and friends:
It comes with a heavy heart to let you know that after 47 years, our furniture restoration business, Tinker & Company, is closing due to the unexpected passing of our owner and founder, Tony Coleman. He was at the helm of the entire operation, and we are unable to continue it going forward. Tony was an incredible husband and father to our family, as well as a friend to all of our customers. We would like to sincerely thank all of you who have supported us over the years. We kindly request that you please review the legal notice below.
The Coleman Family
TINKER & COMPANY, INC., A VIRGINIA CORPORATION,
NOTICE OF CORPORATE DISSOLUTION & INTENT
TO DISPOSE OF ABANDONED PROPERTY
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT –
1. After more than 40 years in business, Tinker & Company, Inc. (aka Tinker’s), a furniture repair and restoration business located at 2409 Westwood Avenue, Richmond, VA 23230 (the “Company”), is closing its doors.
2. The Company is proceeding with a corporate dissolution under the laws of Virginia.
3. Anyone who asserts a claim against the Company should present the claim to the Company in accordance with this Notice. Claims should be delivered to the following mailing address: 4301 Kensington Avenue Richmond, VA 23221. Claims should include the following information:
a. The claimant’s name, an explanation of the basis for the claim, and the dollar amount of the claim;
b. The claimant’s address, telephone number, and email address (if the claimant is represented by an attorney or other representative, then please provide the name and contact information of the attorney or representative); and
c. A copy of any documentation or other evidence supporting the claim.
4. A claim against the Company will be barred unless a proceeding to enforce the claim is commenced prior to the earlier of the expiration of any applicable statute of limitations or three years after the date of publication of this Notice.
5. Also, the Company is in possession of items of furniture and art that it believes to have been abandoned. These are items that have been left with the Company over the years and for which the Company does not have any contact information. If you believe you have items of furniture or art that are in possession of the Company and that you wish to retrieve, you should promptly contact the Company to identify your items and arrange to pick them up.
Please contact the Company at email@example.com or at (804) 359-1843 to do so. If the Company is not contacted about an item within thirty (30) days of the date of publication of this Notice, then the Company will consider the item to have been abandoned and will dispose of the same.